Re: x-fire pinouts

------=_NextPart_000_00D4_01BF5935.0D9572A0

  In comparing the pinouts between my 82 Fbody manual, 84Ybody manual, =
and the 747 pinout from the archives, it seems that the extras from the =
crossfire all relate to emissions. Is this due to the 747 being a truck =
ecm and them(trucks) having less strict emission?

  I'd bet the 91 emissions for a truck are much tighter than a 82 car.

  How did you that made the conversion handle this? Just drop the =
systems like evap and air injection, or find other ways of running them.

  I didn't have that problem <g>.  Evap is in 747 as I recall.  Might =
get away with just a straight air injection without the cold engine =
switching.  As I recall (gee that sounds boring), the air magement valve =
is just to use air by the ports hot, and the cat cold for lighting it =
off.  Unless you need to pass a cold engine start emission test just =
leaving it so that you have it right for warm engine, is something I =
won't tell anyone about.

  Between the manuals, they list high gear, 3rd/2nd gear inputs, and the =
747 has a high gear input. My 82 Z28 has a '84 T-5 5speed with no =
connections other than backup light. What function does this connection =
relate to(anything other than converter?)and should I leave it =
disconnected or tie it to something else?

  I thinks your comparing auto tranny 747 to manual xfire, try manual =
747 to manual xfire.
  Grumpy

  Kevin R

------=_NextPart_000_00D4_01BF5935.0D9572A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>In comparing the pinouts between my 82 Fbody =
manual, 84Ybody=20
  manual, and the 747 pinout from the archives, it seems that the extras =
from=20
  the crossfire all relate to emissions. Is this due to the 747 being a =
truck=20
  ecm and them(trucks) having less strict emission?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'd bet the 91 emissions for a truck are much =
tighter than a=20
  82 car.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>How did you that made the conversion handle this? =
Just drop=20
  the systems like evap and air injection, or find other ways of running =

  them.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I didn't have that problem &lt;g&gt;.&nbsp; Evap =
is in 747=20
  as I recall.&nbsp; Might get away with just a straight air injection =
without=20
  the cold engine switching.&nbsp; As I recall (gee that sounds boring), =
the air=20
  magement valve is just to use air by the ports hot, and the cat cold =
for=20
  lighting it off.&nbsp; Unless you need to pass a cold engine start =
emission=20
  test just leaving it so that you have it right for warm engine, is =
something I=20
  won't tell anyone about.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Between the manuals, they list high gear, 3rd/2nd =
gear=20
  inputs, and the 747 has a high gear input. My 82 Z28 has a '84 T-5 =
5speed with=20
  no connections other than backup light. What function does this =
connection=20
  relate to(anything other than converter?)and should I leave it =
disconnected or=20
  tie it to something else?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I thinks your comparing auto tranny 747 to manual =
xfire, try=20
  manual 747 to manual xfire.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Grumpy</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Kevin R</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D4_01BF5935.0D9572A0--